- On Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at 02.00 AM Central Indonesian Time (UCT+8), cold lava flood of Mt. Gamalama occurred in Ternate, North Maluku province following the heavy rainfall.
- The cold lava flood affected Tubo river up to Dufa-Dufa comprising 3 areas e.g costal area in Dufadufa village (North Ternate district), Takoma village (South Ternate district) and Salahudin village (Central Ternate district).
- As per 5 June 2012 at 10.00 AM Western Indonesian Time (UCT +7), Center for Health Crisis Ministry of Health reported the death of 6 persons, major injuries of 4 persons, major injuries of 13 persons, minor injuries of 13 persons, missing of 4 persons and rendered 428 persons as temporary IDPs;
- 15 houses were totally damaged, 70 were severely damaged and 103 were lightly damaged;
- In addition to the data from CHC MOH and National Board on Disaster Management/BNPB, media reported the death of 7 persons, missing of 8 persons and 577 damaged houses;
- Ternate DHO has evacuated the victims, searched the missing persons, provided medical services in Chasan Boesoirie district hospital Ternate and Siko Puskesmas;
- Ternate District Health Office, North Maluku Provincial Health Office, North Sulawesi regional center for health crisis, Port Health Office Class III Ternate and Center for Health Crisis MOH are monitoring the situation closely.