ASEAN Weekly Disaster Update, 9 - 15 April 2018
Regional Summary (Week 15)
1) Disasters recorded in Week 15 were hydro-meteorological in nature with floods, landslides and strong winds in Indonesia, Thailand and Viet Nam.
2) Emergency response status for Oil Spill in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia is effective until 20 April 2018.
3) AHA Centre monitored eruptions in Mount Agung (11 April 2018) and Mount Sinabung (15 April 2018), Indonesia, and noted no humanitarian consequences in the areas.
4) Activities in Mount Mayon, Philippines, has been significantly decreased with NDRRMC and DSWD terminated emergency response status. PHIVOLCS maintains Alert Level 2 for Mount Mayon.
5) ASEAN Specialised Meteorological Centre maintains Alert Level 2, with scattered hotspots detected over the northern ASEAN region. Localised smoke plumes were observed in Myanmar and Thailand. Some showers were observed in other parts of the northern ASEAN region. Meanwhile, wet conditions prevailed in the southern ASEAN region with no significant hotspot activities being detected. For the next few days, light and variable winds are expected over the region.
6) All disasters occurred in Week 15 were within the capacity of respective ASEAN Member States.