ASEAN Weekly Disaster Update, 7 - 13 May 2018
Regional Summary (Week 19)
1) There have been reports of increasing seismic activity across the past few weeks. You can keep posted on the latest report here provided by Smithsonian Institute in collaboration with USGS.
2) 10 earthquakes of magnitude 5.0 and above were reported between 7 May and 13 May 2018 within ASEAN Region. None of the reported earthquakes have triggered tsunami warnings.
3) PVMBG (Indonesia’s Geological Agency) had released several updates pertaining to volcanic activity within the country (correct as at 14 May 2018).
4) PHIVOLCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology) has been keeping track of the recent volcanic activity.
5) ASEAN Specialised Meteorological Centre (ASMC) maintains Alert Level 1 on hotspots in the region. The region continued to experience wet weather. In the next few days, prevailing winds in the northern ASEAN region will blow from the south or southwest, while winds in the southern ASEAN region will blow from the southeast or south.
6) Detailed review and updates on regional weather conditions by ASMC for April and May are available here.
7) All disasters reported were within the capacity of respective ASEAN Member States.