ASEAN Weekly Disaster Update, 30 April - 6 May 2018
Regional Summary (Week 18)
1) Disasters this week which are note-worthy are phreatic eruptions and earthquakes.
Tourists visiting these areas are advised to take note of aviation notices and travel advisories should they decide to organise hiking trips to the active volcanoes,
2) AHA Centre monitored eruptions in Mount Sinabung (15 April 2018), Mount Agung (30 April), Mount Dukono (4 May 2018), and Mount Ibu (4 May 2018) Indonesia. We noted no humanitarian consequences in the areas.
3) PHIVOLCS maintains Alert Level 2 for Mount Mayon and Mount Kanlaon. Mount Bulasan is currently still at Alert Level 1 despite having a volcanic earthquake on 5 May 2018.
4) Four earthquakes of M 5.0 were experienced between 30 April to 6 May 2018 in ASEAN region (Indonesia and Phillipines). No tsunami warning was triggered.
5) More wet weather can be expected for the northern ASEAN region in the coming weeks as reported by ASEAN Specialised Meteorological Services.
6) All disasters reported this week were within the capacity of respective ASEAN Member States