ASEAN Weekly Disaster Update, 23 – 29 April 2018
Regional Summary (Week 17)
1) Disasters this week which are note-worthy are fires, storms and floods.
2) Changing weather monsoon trends have been reported by several hydrological and meteorological agencies and residents were advised to take note of the changing weather conditions.
3) AHA Centre monitored eruptions in Mount Agung (11 April 2018) and Mount Sinabung (15 April 2018), Indonesia, and noted no humanitarian consequences in the areas.
4) Activities in Mount Mayon, Philippines, has been significantly decreased with NDRRMC and DSWD terminated emergency response status. PHIVOLCS maintains Alert Level 2 for Mount Mayon.
5) ASEAN Specialised Meteorological Centre has downgraded to ALERT Level 1 for northern ASEAN region. More wet weather can be expected for the northern ASEAN region in the coming weeks.
6) ASEAN-ERAT has been deployed on-site in Yangon to provide technical expertise, rapid assessment and recommendations in extinguishing the dumpsite fire and public health actions.
7) Other disasters reported were within the capacity of respective ASEAN Member States.