RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rain/thundershower occurred at many places over Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam & Meghalaya, Madhya Maharashtra and Lakshadweep; at a few places over Gujarat state, east Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand and at one or two places over West Bengal & Sikkim, interior Karnataka and Vidarbha. Weather was mainly dry over rest parts of the country. The chief amounts of rainfall (2 cm or more) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday were: Guna-13, Tikamgarh-5, Kota, Katra, Chandigarh and Kolkata-3 each and Mumbai (Colaba) and Dehradun-2 each.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at most places along west coast and over Madhya Pradesh.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over northeastern States, Madhya Maharashtra, Vidarbha, West Bengal & Sikkim, east Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Jharkhand and Gujarat state.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Bihar, Marathwada, Andhra Pradesh and interior Karnataka.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana during next 24 hours and increase thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over rest parts of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
There are 16 Moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 29.07.2013.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
39 teams of NDRF consisting of 1439 personnel have been deployed in Assam (5), West Bengal (5), Jharkhand (1), Odisha (1) Maharashtra (3), J&K (4), Uttarakhand (7), Bihar (6) and A.P (7)