Southwest monsoon-2013: Daily Flood Situation Report - Summary of important events as of 28.08.2013
RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rain/ thundershowers occurred at most places over Gangetic West Bengal, Jharkhand and Bihar; at many places over Chhattisgarh, east Uttar Pradesh and east Madhya Pradesh; at a few places over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim and Uttarakhand and at isolated places over northeastern states, west Uttar Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Vidarbha, Maharashtra and Tamilnadu. Weather remained mainly dry over rest parts of the country. The chief amounts of rainfall (2 cm or more) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday were: Pendra and Haldia-7 each; Balasore, Digha and Uluberia-5 each; Rewa, Allahabad, Bilaspur and Diamond Harbour-4 each; Dehradun and Sidhi-3 each and Jamsehdpur, Pantnagar, Jammu, Varanasi, Satna, Kolkata, Midnapore, Paradip and Puri-2 each.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at most places over Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand during next 24 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/ thundershowers would occur at many places over Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha and Chhattisgarh during next 24 hours and increase thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places along west coast, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, northeastern states and Lakshadweep.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Uttar Pradesh and Bihar and north Andhra Pradesh during next 48 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh during next 24 hours and increase thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over rest parts of the country outside Rajasthan, Gujarat and interior Karnataka where it would be isolated.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
There are 04 High and 24 Moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 28.08.2013.