Southwest monsoon-2013: Daily Flood Situation Report - Summary of important events as of 22.08.2013
RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY Rain/thundershowers occurred at most places over Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha; at many places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, West Bengal & Sikkim, west coast, Assam & Meghalaya and Andaman & Nicobar Islands; at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, east Rajasthan, Bihar, Odisha and interior Karnataka, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura and at isolated places over south Gujarat, Madhya Maharashtra, Telangana and Arunachal Pradesh. Weather remained mainly dry over rest parts of the country. The chief amounts of rainfall (4 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Damoh-19,Pachmarhi-13,Jabalpur and Mayabandar-9 each; Malanjkhand, Narsingpur and Moradabad-7 each; Khujraho, Umaria and Agumbe-6 each; north Lakhimpur, Deomali, Meerut, Guna and Dharmshala-5 each; and Satna, Ranchi, Shimla, Patiala, Sundarnagar, Sheoni, Datia and Mandla-4 each.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at most places over Madhya Pradesh during next 48 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/ thundershowers would occur at many places over Vidarbha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, north Madhya Maharashtra and Gangetic West Bengal during next 24 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places along west coast, over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam& Meghalaya, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh during next 48 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/ thundershowers would occur at many places over east Rajasthan and at a few places over Gujarat region during next 24 hours and increase over Gujarat region thereafter.
• Rain/ thundershowers would occur at a few places over rest parts of the country outside west Rajasthan, Saurashtra & Kutch, Rayalaseema and Tamilnadu, where it would be isolated.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
There are 02 High and 22 Moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 22.08.2013.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
42 teams of NDRF consisting of 1475 personnel have been deployed in Assam (5), West Bengal (8), Odisha (2), Maharashtra (4), J&K (4), Punjab (2),Uttarakhand (7), Delhi (1), Bihar (8) and A.P (1).