RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rain/thundershower has occurred at most places over Madhya Pradesh , Vidarbha, Odisha, Telangana and along west coast; at many places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, south Uttar Pradesh, east Rajasthan, Gujarat region, Chhattisgarh, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Marathawada, Madhya Maharashtra, interior Karnataka, northeastern states and Andaman & Nicobar Islands: at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Saurashtra & Kutch and Jharkhand and at one or two places over rest parts of the country outside west Rajasthan and Rayalaseema where weather remained mainly dry. The chief amounts of rainfall (2 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today were : Nagpur-15,Gondia-13 and Rajnandgaon-13 each; Panchmari and Una-12 each; Port Blair-8; Bramhapuri-7; Malanjkhand-6, Rajgarh, Jabalpur, Khandwa, Silchar, Dharamshala, Sawai Madhopur and Nizamabad-5 each; Imphal, Shirali, Baroda, Jalgaon and Khajuraho-4 each and Rewa, Betul, Seoni, Mahabaleshwar, Honavar, Agumbe, Mangalore, Darjeeling, Guwahati, Churk, Harddoi and Banda-3 each.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at most places along west coast, central India and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, east Rajasthan, Gujarat State, east & north east India.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and coastal Andhra Pradesh.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over rest parts of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
• There are 13 moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 15.07.2013.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
30 teams of NDRF consisting of 1098 personnel have been deployed in Assam (5), West Bengal (2), Sikkim (1), Maharashtra (3), Gujarat, J & K (4), Himachal Pradesh (2), Uttarakhand (7) and Bihar (6).