RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rain/thundershower occurred at many places along west coast and over West Bengal & Sikkim, south Rajasthan and Gujarat state; at a few places over Madhya Pradesh, interior Karnataka and Assam & Meghalaya and at one or two places over rest parts of the country outside Jammu & Kashmir, west Uttar Pradesh, coastal Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu where weather remained mainly dry. The chief amounts of rainfall (2 cm or more) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday were: Sagar and Agumbe-5 each, Kandla, Mahabaleshwar, Chandigarh and Bulsar-4 each; Haldia and Vengurla-3 each; Bhuj, Hoshangabad, Varanasi, Belgaum, Gulbarga, Panambur, Karwar, Mangalore and Dabolin-2 each.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at most places along west coast and over west Madhya Pradesh, south Rajasthan and Gujarat during next 24 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, east Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, West Bengal & Sikkim, northeastern states, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over north Rajasthan, Madhya Maharashtra and coastal Andhra Pradesh during next 24 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Vidarbha during next 24 hours and increase thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over rest of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
• There are 01 high & 13 moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 14.07.2013.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE
(NDRF) 32 teams of NDRF consisting of 1190 personnel have been deployed in Assam (5), West Bengal (2), Sikkim (1), Maharashtra (3), Gujarat (2), J & K (4), Himachal Pradesh (2), Uttarakhand (7) and Bihar (6).