RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rainfall has occurred at most places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and west coast; at many places over east Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura, east Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and interior Maharashtra; at a few places over Punjab, west Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and west Madhya Pradesh, and at one or two places over Haryana, Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhand and Tamilnadu. Weather remained mainly dry over rest parts of the country. The chief amounts of rainfall (3 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today were : Cherrapunji-17, Dehradun-13, Dharamshala and Karwar-11 each; Honavar-10; Osmanabad, Vengurla, Harnai and Bareilly-9 each; Goa and Jalpaiguri-7 each; Cooch Behar, Guna, Bikaner, Nancowry and Kakinada-6 each’ Jammu, Behraich, Mahabaleshwar, Mangalore, Ratnagiri, Pasighat and Gangtok-5 each; Kozhikode, Bulsar and Alibag-4 each; Pantnagar, Sawai Madhopur, Nahan, Amritsar, Damoh, Malanjkhand, Mumbai(CLB), Dahanu, Bhira, Jorhat, Goalpara,Tinsukiya, Panambur, Nagapattinam, Karaikal, Car Nicobar-3 each.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at most places along west coast, over SubHimalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and at many places over Jammu & Kashmir during next 24 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Jammu & Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, east Madhya Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over east Rajasthan, Gangetic West Bengal, interior Maharashtra, interior Karnataka, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, west Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over remaining parts of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
• There are 06 moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 08.07.2013.