Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- From 0830 hours IST to 1730 hours IST of yesterday, scattered rainfall has occured over Uttarakhand, Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and isolated over Himachal Pradesh, Konkan & Goa, Assam, east Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Orissa, Telangana and Tamilnadu.The chief amounts of rainfall (1 cm and above) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday are: Goa(Abolim)-3, Ramagundam, Mangalore(A/P) and Mukteshwar-2 each and Agartala, Patna, Mangalore, Tehri and Kailashahar-1 each.
- Severe heat wave condition prevailed over many parts of Rajasthan and heat wave condition over isolated pocket of Haryana, Delhi, south Uttar Pradesh and adjoining north Madhya Pradesh.
- The highest maximum temperature of 49.1°C was recorded at Barmer(Rajasthan).
- Kalpana-1 cloud imagery at 0530 hours IST shows convective clouds over parts of coastal Orissa, coastal Andhra Pradesh, eastcentral & adjoining westcentral Arabian Sea, north & central Bay of Bengal and Andaman sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest parts of the country outside Plains of northwest India and Gujarat.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There is 01 Moderate flood situation sites (Assam-01) in the country on 08.06.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 04 teams consisting of 132 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (1), Andhra Pradesh – (2) and Kerala – (1).