RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
- Moderate to heavy rainfall with isolated very heavy falls have been reported in some parts of Maharashtra, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Punjab, Andman & Nicobar, Gujarat & Andhra Pradesh.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- Widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over west coast and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over northwest, central & adjoining peninsular India, Bihar, SubHimalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, northeastern states and Lakshadweep.
- Scattered rain/thundershowers would occur over remaining parts of east and extreme southeast peninsular India.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There are 17 Moderate flood situation sites (Assam-04, Bihar-08, Jharkhand-01, West Bengal-01 & Uttar Pradesh-03) in the country on 28.07.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 16 teams consisting of 549 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (6), Andhra Pradesh – (2), J&K – (2), Kerala – (1), and Bihar (5).