RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
- Moderate to heavy rainfall with isolated very heavy falls have been reported in some parts of Lakshadweep, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka & Assam.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over western Himalayan region, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, northeastern states, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, south Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar islands.
- Scattered rain/thundershowers would occur over remaining parts of the country outside west Rajasthan and rest east India where it would be isolated. However, rainfall activity would increase over plains of northwest, central and east India after 24 hours.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There are 09 Moderate flood situation sites (Assam-03, Bihar-03 & Uttar Pradesh-03) in the country on 27.07.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 16 teams consisting of 543 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (6), Andhra Pradesh – (2), J&K – (2), Kerala – (1), and Bihar (5).