RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
- Moderate to heavy rainfall with isolated very heavy falls has been reported in some parts of Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttrakhand.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- From 0830 to 1730 hrs IST of yesterday widespread rainfall occurred over Bihar, Jharkhand; fairly widespread over West Bengal & Sikkim northeast states, east Madhya Pradesh, north Chhattisgarh, north Orissa; scattered over south Chhattisgarh, south Orissa, west Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra and isolated over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, east Rajasthan, Haryana, west Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The chief amounts of rainfall (2 cm and above) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday were; Daltanganj-6,Ranchi, Patna and Varanasi-5 each, Narsinghpur-4, Durg, Gandia, Balia, Raipur, Umaria, Agumbe and Gaya-3 each, Malda, Bhagalpur, Purnea, Sidhi, Ambikapur and Mana-2 each.
- Maximum temperatures were above normal by 23°C over parts of Andhra Pradesh and northeastern states and below normal by 27° C over eastern and adjoining central parts of India and east Uttar Pradesh and are near normal over rest parts of the country. Highest temperature of 42.1°C was recorded at Churu (Rajasthan).
- Kalpana1 cloud imagery at 0530 hours IST shows convective clouds over parts of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, east Uttar Pradesh, east Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, east Bay of Bengal and Andaman Sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest parts of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There are 02 Moderate flood situation sites (Assam-01) and (Orissa-01) in the country on 20.06.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 04 teams consisting of 135 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (1), Andhra Pradesh – (2), and Kerala – (1).