Ministry of Home Affairs
(Disaster Management Division)
RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
• Moderate to heavy rainfall with isolated very heavy falls have been reported in some parts of Bihar, Orissa, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Orissa.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- Widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over west coast , central and northeast India.
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over east India, Uttar Pradesh and East Rajasthan.
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over western Himalayan region, Punjab and Haryana during next 24 hours and decrease thereafter.
- Scattered rainfall activity over rest parts of the country outside Rayalaseema and Tamilnadu where it will be isolated.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
• There are 08 Moderate flood situation sites (Assam-04 and Bihar-04) in the country on 17.07.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 11 teams consisting of 358 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (1), Andhra Pradesh – (2), Kerala – (1), Uttar Pradesh (2) and Bihar (5).