RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
- Moderate to heavy rainfall with isolated very heavy falls have been reported in some parts of Gujarat, Bihar, J & K, West Bengal, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- Widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over Gujarat state, Jharkhand and Gangetic West Bengal.
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over northeastern states, remaining parts of east India and along west coast.
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over northwest India outside Rajasthan where it will be scattered.
- Scattered rain/thundershowers would occur over central India.
- Isolated rain/thundershowers would occur over interior parts of peninsular India.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There are 18 Moderate flood situation sites (Assam-03, Bihar-11, Jharkhand-01, Uttar Pradesh-03 & West Bengal-01) in the country on 11.08.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 20 teams consisting of 640 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (6), Andhra Pradesh – (2), J&K – (2), Kerala – (1), Parliament House new Delhi- (1), Bihar (6) & Uttar Pradesh (2)