RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
- Widespread rainfall occurred over Konkan & Goa, coastal Karnataka and Kerala.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- From 0830 hours IST to 1730 hours IST of yesterday, widespread rainfall occured over Konkan & Goa, coastal Karnataka and Kerala; fairly widespread over SubHimalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, south interior Karnataka and Andaman & Nicobar Islands; scattered over Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal, Madhya Maharashtra and north interior Karnataka and isolated over Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, northeastern states, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa and Andhra Pradesh. The chief amounts of rainfall (2 cm and above) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday: Mumbai (scz)-17 Mumbai (CLB)-10, Bhira-7, Mahabaleswar and Veraval6 each, gumbe-3 Kolkatta (DumDum), Purnea, Honavar and Hut Bay-2 each.
- Maximum temperatures were above normal by 2-3° C over parts of south Haryana, Rajasthan, west Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal and north Gujarat, below normal by 3-5° C over parts of west Maharashtra and by 2-3° C over isolated pockets of north Haryana, west Uttar Pradesh and interior Karnataka and near normal over rest parts of the country.
- The highest maximum temperature of 45.0°C was recorded at Sheopur (Madhya Pradesh).
- Kalpana-1 cloud imagery at 0530 hours IST shows convective clouds over parts of Himachal Pradesh, northeast Jharkhand, West Bengal, south coastal Gujarat, Orissa, south coastal Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Bay of Bengal, Andaman Sea and east Arabian Sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest parts of the country outside south Rajasthan.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There is one moderate flood like situation in the country.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 05 teams consisting of 156 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (1), Andhra Pradesh – (2), Kerala – (1) and Bihar –(1).