RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
- Moderate to heavy rainfall with isolated very heavy falls have been reported in some parts of Orissa, Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat, Delhi, Chhattisgarh & Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- Widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over Orissa, Chhattisgarh and Gujarat. - Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over northwest India during next 48 hours and decrease thereafter.
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur along west coast and over east Madhya Pradesh, northeastern states and remaining parts of east India.
- Scattered rain/thundershowers would occur over remaining parts of the country outside southeast peninsular India where it may be isolated.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There are 07 Moderate flood situation sites (Bihar-04, Orrisa-01, Jharkhand-01, West Bengal -01) in the country on 06.09.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 20 teams consisting of 590 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (5),Andhra Pradesh – (2), Kerala – (1), Parliament House New Delhi- (1), Punjab (2), Uttar Pradesh (2) & Bihar (7).