RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Moderate to heavy rainfall with isolated very heavy falls have been reported in some parts of Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Karnataka, Goa, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- Widespread rain/thundershowers would occur along west coast during next 48 hours and decrease in intensity thereafter.
- Fairly widespread rain/thundershowers would occur over plains of northwest & central India, Orissa, interior Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Scattered rain/thundershowers would occur over remaining parts of the country outside Bihar and interior south peninsular India where it may be isolated.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
- There are 11 Moderate flood situation sites (Bihar-07, Uttar Pradesh-02, Jharkhand-01, West Bengal -01) in the country on 03.09.2011.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
- 18 teams consisting of 521 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam - (5),Andhra Pradesh – (2), Kerala – (1), Parliament House New Delhi- (1), Punjab (2), Uttar Pradesh (2) & Bihar (5).