MSF India Activity Report 2017
MSF has worked in India since 1999. Our teams currently provide free medical care in 10 states. We also advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment globally.
MSF was awarded the 1996 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development and the 1999 Nobel Peace Prize.
India activity highlights 2017
- 10,659 cases of malaria treated
- 1,989 TB (drug-sensitive and drug-resistant) patients treated
- 707 severely malnourished children treated
- 1,511 hepatitis C patients (mono and co-infected) treated
- 167 patients treated for kala azar-HIV co-infection
- 869 mobile clinics conducted
- 251 patients medically treated for sexual violence
- 4,349 counselling sessions for survivors of sexual violence and people traumatised by conflict