- On 8 July, the IMD warned that isolated heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely over Gangetic West Bengal, Orissa, West Madhya Pradesh and East Rajasthan in the next 48 hours.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall has been reported in Uttar Pradesh, Orissa, Assam and West Bengal.
- As of 7 July 08, government sources reported the human death toll as 359 in the affected States/ Union Territories. Since 4 July, 61 deaths were reported in Uttar Pradesh alone.
- The state governments are continuing with response activities and rescue and relief operations in Assam, Orissa and West Bengal.
- Through the IAG forum, state government, UN agencies and NGOs are coordinating with each other in the affected areas.