NATURE OF HAZARD: FLOODS
Arunachal Pradesh the affected district are Lohit, Yingkiong, Changlang, Seppa, Anini, Roing & Along districts. The river Lohit ( encircling Tezu Dist HQ) a tributary of Brahmaputra at Dhola Ghat and seasonal tributaries Durra –nallah, tezu nallah, Sukha nallah (Tezu Dist HQ) connecting river Roing (at Lowe Dibang Valley) and Tinsukia (in Assam) has been rising , while river Nao- Dehing (at Mahadepur Circle) and Berrang, Kamalng, Tengapani river and Sibiri nallah (encircling Chongkham Circle) are over flowing affecting Tezu , Mahadevpur , Chongkham and Wakro circles of Lohit, Anjaw and Lower Dibang Valley Districts,
In Assam with river Brahmaputra and its tributaries over flowing at tezpur, Dhubri, Lakhimpur, karimganj, Nematighat, & Barpeta has affected 11 districts: Dhemaji, Lahimpur, Tinsukia, Jorhta, , Karimganj, Marigaon, Nalbari, Goalpera, Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar and Sonitpur.
|No. of Districts affected in Assam||
|No. of villages affected||
|Loss of lives||
13 (Flood 3,Cyclone 6,landslide 1, Lighting 3)
|Total population affected||
|Total crop area affected||
|Total area affected||
|Inmates in Relief Camps||
DAMAGE DETAILS & CURRENT SITUATION
Assam at District Level
Barpeta: 12 villages affected , NH 31 has been overtopped at Patsala by Pahumara river Barpeta road-Bashbari PWD road at Chaugaguri has been disrupted. Due to erosion Narayanguir embankment has been breached.
Goalpara: road communication between Lahipur to Jaleswar, Sonari and Dhumerghat is disrupted
Marigaon: road communication from Mayong to Buraburi road still remains disrupted.
Bongaigaon: land erosion near Aie Bridge poses a blockade to M G Railway Bridge. Bijni town is likely to be flooded with over of Doleni River
Sonitpur: 16 villages have been affected with loss of 75 ha of crop area.
Tinsukia: In siya sub –division 21 houses have been damaged.
Nalbari: ED embankments of river mora-pagladiya & at village Barkurkuria and Bhithamhal under Ghograpar revenue circle were breached. Roads between village suradi and dahkunia under Barama circle, suradi, pub-dahkaunia, bahura and pachim Dahkauni & Paddy fields have been inundated. 26 villages have been affected
Arunachal Pradesh at District level
Lohit: Continuous heavy rainfalls for the last 8 days rivers are in full spate in catchment areas of Lohit and Anjaw. Tezu Township’s to high spate of rivers and landslides while communication in Namsai to Wakro is totally disrupted.
West Siang: Landslide at Gensi circle . Roads blocks at Ragi-Doke to yomeha, Tali-liromoba road, Cibe rite to yase road Chekor Loma to Badak road and BRTF road to Lipu Doke
- The government is monitoring the overall flood situation and coordinating
- The district administration is making provision for safe drinking water and monitoring hygiene and sanitation conditions to curb spread of epidemic.
- Water is being supplied through portable tankers.
- In relief camps gratuitous relief items are being distributed
- The districts machinery is working on the flood protection measures in Tezu township
- The State Government has issued guidelines to all district administration, senior officers and other line departments for taking relief operations, Search & Rescue activities wherever and whenever necessary in a smoother way. Rapid action teams of the Health Deptt. have been asked to remain alert for preventive and curative measures.
- The State & District Control Rooms are functioning round the clock.
- Special arrangements are being made for the procurement of food grains, medicines, cattle fodder, and water purifying tablets, ORS, boats and vehicles.
- Marooned people of the inundated areas were shifted to nearby school buildings. Relief materials, water purifying tablets and packets are also being distributed to the flood victims.
CHANNEL FOR DELIVERY & CONTACT
CHANNEL FOR DELIVERY & CONTACT DETAILS
State Control Room Arunachal Pradesh
Department of Relief, Rehabilitation ad Disaster
Management Arunachal Pradesh
State Control Room: Assam
State Emergency Operation Centre (State
Labour Building, State Civil Secretariat, Dispur
Tel: 0361-2268691/ 2268699 (O),
Fax: 0361-2264847/ 2261901
- National Disaster Management Division Ministry of Home Affairs
- Disaster Management Department, Assam,Arunachal Pradesh
- Indian Meteorological Department (IMD)
- Central Water Commission (CWC)
For Further Information: G Padmanabhan, Emergency Analyst, UNDP, E-mail: email@example.com, Mobile: 91 – 98104 – 02937, www.undp.org.in/dmweb