USD 1.4 m cash-based transfers made
USD 263 m Total Requirements
310,556 people assisted
• In September, 86,490 people received food assistance from WFP in the departments of Artibonite, Nord-Ouest, Grand’Anse, Ouest, and Nippes.
• USD 1.4 million was distributed in cash-based transfers (funded by Canada, the CERF, ECHO and USAID).
• WFP signed an agreement with the Government of Haiti (funds from the InterAmerican Development Bank) to deliver food and cash assistance to approximately 546,000 people in the coming months.
• WFP distributed daily hot meals to 224,066 students (112,301 girls and 111,765 boys) in 1,155 schools. The 2019-2020 school year is planned to end on October 9th , 2020.
• Food-Assistance-for-Assets (FFA) projects involving 1,500 households (7,500 beneficiaries) continued with the second cycle of work, focusing on the rehabilitation of rural roads and the protection of watersheds.
• Planning stages are ongoing for FFA projects in the North-West department to benefit 15,000 people, as well as a resilience pilot project in the South department, funded by USAID.