WFP Haiti Country Brief, September 2019
618 mt of food assistance distributed
USD 698,000 cash-based transfers made
USD 199 m Total Requirements
136,255 people assisted In September 2019
From 16 September, the volatile security environment combined with the fuel shortage has been hampering WFP' efforts to implement its programmes. The two most affected programmes were the school feeding programme and the food assistance distributions. Emergency response
• In September, 9,616 households (48,080 beneficiaries) received emergency food assistance through cash-based transfers in the framework of an ECHO-funded response in the Nord-Est and Artibonite department.
• In the framework of a CERF funded response in the Sud-Est department, WFP started the targeting of beneficiaries with its cooperating partners.
• Due to the security issues since 16 September, WFP had to postpone food assistance distributions through cash-based transfers for 36,885 beneficiaries in Grand’Anse, Artibonite and North departments.
• On the two first weeks of September, WFP delivered 360 mt of food commodities to 379 schools for 88,175 schoolchildren.
• Deliveries to schools planned after 19 September were postponed to October due to the current situation which prevailed in the country.