WFP Haiti Country Brief, October 2018
32,980 mt of food assistance distributed
US$ 85.12 total requirements
255,031 people assisted In October 2018
• In October, WFP organized a training for its partners, Organisation des Femmes pour le Développement de l’Artibonite – Dubedou (OFDAD) and Bureau Nutrition et Développement (BND) on local purchases and distribution processes. This training took place in the framework of the Home-Grown School Feeding Programme in Artibonite.
• WFP’s partner for literacy activities, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), finalized the distribution of reading materials.
• WFP is implementing a project funded by the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) in the Grand’Anse department. This project aims to increase access to nutritious food for 1,700 food-insecure households with children aged 6-59 months who were screened and treated for moderate or severe acute malnutrition. In October, WFP’s team organized a training for its implementing partner AVSI in preparation of behavioural change communication activities.
• For the PROCSIMAST project, WFP collaborates with the National Coordination for Food Security (CNSA) to carry out surveys in Anse Rouge and Terre Neuve (Haut Artibonite department) of 6,400 households.
• In the framework of the Kore Lavi project, the progress in the level of institutionalization was assessed in 4 departments. A significant progress was observed in the departmental directions of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour (MAST).
Food Assistance for Assets
• In October, WFP and its partner AMURT will start Cash for Assets activities in Artibonite supporting 5,400 participants until June 2019. Activities will focus on watershed protection, reforestation, irrigation systems and salt production.