143 mt of food assistance distributed
USD 1.1 m cash-based transfers made
USD 268 m Total Requirements 66,870 people assisted In June 2020
• In June, 45,470 people received food assistance from WFP, 143 mt of food and USD 762,000 distributed as cash-in-envelope and e-money.
• WFP reinforced coordination with the Civil Protection Directorate to ensure that prevention measures concerning COVID-19 are correctly implemented during WFP’s activities; 5 letters of understanding were signed with Departmental Civil Protection Directorates.
• Proposals are being reviewed from cooperating partners in order to establish field-level agreements for the upcoming school year, which starts on the 10th of August.
• WFP is developing a gender-responsive monitoring and evaluation framework for its social and behaviour communication change (SBCC) strategy under the school feeding programme in Haiti.
• A lessons-learned exercise was prepared in order to analyse strengths and weaknesses of the school feeding programme ahead of the next school year.
• The National Social Protection and Promotion Policy (NSPPP) was adopted by the Council of Ministers. WFP played a key role in coordination and technical assistance for its development.
• The order of implementation has been issued for the NSPPP, and the Drafting Sub-Commission was revitalized with a transitional mandate in order to discuss modalities and next steps in the implementation of the policy