Hurricane Matthew - Update
- Food distributions have started in selected rural areas in Grand’ Anse, Sud, and Nippes Departments, it is pertinent to maintain this effort.
- Cholera vaccination campaign has been set for November 3rd in Sud and Grand’ Anse and is expected to last 10 days.
- Due to a review of the official information from the Cholera Epidemiological Surveillance, the revised number of suspected cholera cases is 2271
- Urgent need to repair non-functional essential health facilities and satellite warehouses housing medical supplies, however these actions have been delayed due to lack of funding and materials.
- Next health group meeting will be held on Friday 21 October at 10:00 am at PAHO/WHO.