Haiti Hurricane Matthew Situation Report #26 (22 November 2016)
- 2.1 million affected people, of which 894,000 are children.
- 1.4 million people require humanitarian assistance.
- 806,000 people severely food insecure.
- On 4 October, Haiti was hit by a category 4 Hurricane, which severely affected 2.1 million people –among which 1.4 million are in need of emergency assistance. Initial reports revealed that over 175,000 people were displaced and nearly 550 had died.
- The movement of commodities for humanitarian assistance has slowed down as a consequence of limited availability of security assets due to the elections held on 20 November. The partial record of incidents for the elections of 20 November is 43 arrests and several episodes of violence. Preliminary results will be published in 7 days and the security constraints remain.