Haiti: Earthquake Situation Report #5
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Fuel for humanitarian operations will only last 2 to 3 more days before operations will be forced to cease. A fuel distribution mechanism is required urgently.
- 27 Urban Search and Rescue teams are deployed across priority locations with approximately 1,500 rescue workers and 115 dogs. There have been 58 live rescues so far by these teams.
- A joint UNDAC/EU/WFP assessment found 80-90 percent of the buildings destroyed in Leogane and 40-50 percent in Carrefour and Gressier.
- Priorities for assistance continue to be search and rescue, medical services, shelter, food and water.
- IOM estimates that 200,000 families (up to one million people) are in need of immediate shelter and non-food assistance.
- Major health concerns include untreated trauma wounds and infection of wounds.