- The number of people in need of humanitarian assistance will not be determined until the extent of the damage is known. The death toll is unknown but is expected to be high.
- Immediate priorities include search and rescue, medical services and supplies, clean water and sanitation, emergency shelter, food, logistics and telecommunications.
- A limited number of Search and Rescue teams have arrived at Port-au-Prince airport.
- The members of the UN Disaster and Assessment Coordination (UNDAC) members have started to arrive in country. A Reception Centre is being set up at the Port-au-Prince airport.
- The United Nations will immediately release US$10 million from the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF). A Flash Appeal is likely to be issued within the next days.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.