- Emergency team going out to deliver clean water, shelter and blankets to 20,000 people.
- Staff from Brazil and Guatemala arriving in Haiti this weekend
British Red Cross
- Staff and volunteers who were already living in Haiti are distributing kitchen and personal hygiene kits, blankets, tarpaulins and water containers.
- 300-bed field hospital being set up and international colleagues flying in engineers, a surgeon, logistics, security and IT experts, as well as a specialist in reuniting families.
- Distributed blankets, food, medicine, and providing first aid through clinics
- Experts in earthquake response already arrived
- Convoy including thousands of tonnes of food, shelter for 2,000 families and more staff is on its way
CARE International UK
- 100 health, education, food security, and water and sanitation experts have been working there longterm
- Emergency team on its way
- Already working through local organisations in Haiti, who are responding to the emergency
- Disaster assessment team arrived in Haiti on Wednesday
- Has distributed medicines and workers are now distributing water
- Emergency programme is providing water and emergency nutrition
Help the Aged
- Staff already working there are being joined by emergency experts
- Two mobile medical teams on the way
- Aid supplies distributed via USA partner organisation
- Sent emergency response team from UK and USA to assess needs for planning response
- Emergency response team in region, working locally to assess most urgent needs and make sure that the right equipment and specialist staff are available.
- 10 tonnes of aid arriving this weekend, including body bags, plastic sheeting, chlorine for drinking water and a logistics expert.
- Water distribution being delivered in Port-au-Prince
Save the Children
- UK and US staff distributing hygiene kits, food and water
- Medical supplies given to hospitals through local partners
- More life-saving supplies to be sent out following further assessment of need
- Already working long-term in Haiti through local churches and Christian organisations
- Team of disaster response experts arriving this weekend to support local staff and assess further needs
- Already working long-term in Haiti, and sending additional staff and supplies
- First aid kits and essential supplies being distributed