WFP Guinea Country Brief, September 2019
• WFP Guinea resilience unit organized a training targeting 65 participants including WFP staffs, local NGOs and Government counterparts in Labé (Middle Guinea). The training aimed to strengthen capacities in Community Based Participatory Planning (CBPP) to identify specific needs in local communities.
• Smallholder Agricultural Market Support (SAMS) operational plan was developed to guide implementation (including monitoring and evaluation) for the period 2019-2022.
• A call for tender was published to select implementing partners for SAMS and Food Assistance for Assets (FFA) activities for the period OctoberDecember 2019.
• Visibility signboards for school canteens were posted in schools.
• WFP Guinea with UN agencies and National officials agreed on Terms of reference and a common methodology for the ongoing price monitoring of 20 food items in 11 markets in the country.
• Treatment and prevention activities against chronic malnutrition including Social and Behavioural Change Communications (SBCC) are ongoing in both regions of Labe and Kankan.
• WFP continues to provide assistance for the treatment of moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) for children aged 6-59 months and Anti Retro Viral patients and their households in the region of Boké, Kankan, NZerekore, Labe and Conakry.
• Active screening activities of MAM cases, reference and cooking demonstration with local and accessible food recipes were undertaken. This strategy aims at training children carers affected by MAM on the preparation of fortified food recipes made from local products, best hygiene practices, use of clean water and access to other health care services.
• To carry out these activities, WFP provides financial and technical support to health centres and the community in order to lead community mobilization, culinary, demonstration sessions and monitoring of beneficiaries in health centres and in the community.
• The draft report of Food and Nutrition Vulnerability analysis on people living with HIV/TB was submitted in the month of September 2019. Its presentation and validation will take place in the month of October.