- The country's food security situation stabilized, thanks to the end of the rainy season, a reduction in inflation, harvests throughout the country, and a rise in demand for unskilled labor in agricultural activities.
- Cold fronts and frosts in recent weeks affected people's health, as well as potatoes and some vegetables for export.
- Guatemalan migrants in the United States may decrease their remittances, which would affect poor households especially.
- Food availability in the north, which was recently affected by Tropical Depression 16, is about to improve with the coming harvest, although the maize crop could be hampered by plagues and diseases. The government is currently evaluating the damage in those areas.
- Nominal prices for the basic food basket continue to rise, making food access difficult for landless rural and urban populations.