2. Impacted countries, which are not still under a warning, will be conducting initial damage assessments this morning and information should become available later today. Grenada and St Vincent and the Grenadines will conduct assessments as soon as the all clear is given.
3. At 5:00 am the centre of the Hurricane Emily was estimated to be near 12.3 north and 62.3 west or about 70 miles west-northwest of Grenada. The system has sustained winds of 90 miles per hour. Slow strengthening is forecast.
4. The revised forecast track by the National Hurricane Centre in Miami now estimates that Emily will pass south of Jamaica on Saturday.
5. This track is based on the forecast issued at 5 am. The projection tends to change as each forecast is issued every six hours.
6. Further information is available at www.cdera.org including information on action being taken by member states of CDERA which may come under the watch/warning area. Information on hurricane preparedness is available online at www.cdera.org/doccentre/fs_tropsys.php