- 850,571 Refugees and migrants arriving by sea to Europe in 2015 (as of 19 November)
- 3,485 Refugees and migrants estimated to have died / gone missing at sea in 2015.
- 703,374 Sea arrivals in Greece as of 19 November.
- 4,700 Average daily sea arrivals in Greece from 13 - 19 November.
- 143,500 Sea arrivals in Italy as of 19 November.
- 129 Persons relocated from Italy since the start of the EU relocation scheme.
- 242,000 UNHCR high and medium thermal blankets distributed since the start of the crisis.
- 26,100 UNHCR sleeping mats distributed since the start of the crisis.
- Boost reception capacity and provide emergency assistance in receiving countries through support for States, civil society and local communities.
- Strengthen protection systems and prevent refoulement including through presence and capacity building.
- Increase strategic messaging and advocacy to and about people of concern.
On 17 November, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Mr. António Guterres, visited Serbia and met with the Minister of Interior in Belgrade (Serbia) and went to the reception centre (RC) in Preševo together with the Prime Minister, the Government Coordinator, and the Serbian Commissariat for Refugees and Migrations (SCRM). The High Commissioner and the Prime Minister addressed the media, urging that refugees should not be victimised by the recent terrorist attacks in Paris.
The Ministers of Interior of Slovenia, Serbia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Greece met on 17 November in Ljubljana. The main outcome was to highlight the importance of cooperation, coordination and exchange of information with other European partners.
Governments have introduced new restrictions along the refugee and migrant route, and people are now being profiled based on their alleged nationality, with only Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis authorized to go through. These measures are creating tensions at border crossings and a domino effect, leaving in limbo some refugees and migrants stranded at different border points. UNHCR is providing assistance with partners at these points, including blankets, winter clothing and other key items covering basic needs.