Speaking during the Media Conference on Government's Relief and Rehabilitation Assistance Programme for Victims of Tropical Cyclone Ami, today, Mr. Qarase said the Fiji Electricity Authority will fund its $3.4 million.
"PWD will have to find the money from within its budgeted funds for 2003."
Cyclone AMI caused:
1. damages to roads, bridges and jetties estimated at $2.7 million;
2. damages to water and sewerage systems of $793,000;
3. damages to rural water supply systems of $1 million;
4. damages to Government buildings of $101,000; and
5. damages to electricity infrastructure of $3.4million.
Mr. Qarase said the restoration of water supply sewerage systems is being given priority.