● On 25 January a state of Natural Disaster was been declared over the western parts of Viti Levu where several thousand families and businesses were flooded following torrential rains from 22 to 24 January.
● 841 individuals remain in 13 evacuation centers, down from a high of over 4,000 evacuees in over 54 centers.
● Government authorities, local businesses, the Fiji Red Cross Society and community groups have been working tirelessly to restore life to normal – assessing damage, cleaning mud and debris, restoring water and electrical supply, providing food and clothing and donations where needed.
● Current weather forecasts suggest continued rain fall from today through Friday as another low pressure system moves towards Fiji’s west coast.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.