Fiji - January Floods Situation Update No. 2
Issued by OCHA Pacific, covering the period from 24 to 25 January. The next report will be issued later in the week as needed.
I. HIGHLIGHTs/key priorities
● A severe flood warning remains in force for major rivers, streams and low lying areas of western Viti Levu where the Ba and Nadi rivers have burst their banks.
● 2,064 individuals have sought shelter in 54 evacuation centers, the majority in Nadi District.
● Initial assistance at Evacuation Centers is being provided by District authorities and the Fiji Red Cross.
● Current weather forecasts suggest a decreasing trend in rain fall from today through Friday.
● Rewa River Delta approaching critical levels (<9 cm below flood stage) this afternoon.
● A declaration of emergency has not been made by the Government of Fiji at the time of reporting.