Humanity Road activated its response for Cyclone Winston on Friday, February 19, 2016, in advance of landfall. Below is our 4th situation report with local social media account information.
Tropical Cyclone Winston was the first recorded Category 5 storm to make landfall in Fiji. The deadly storm has inflicted extensive damage on multiple islands across Fiji and disrupted communications and power. Humanity Road activated its response to the storm on February 19th in advance of Landfall. Download PDF copies of recent situation reports from Humanity Road can be found at http://humanityroad.org/tcwinston.
As of 23 Feb at 18:25 FJT - 31 confirmed dead and four missing. (source)
24 Feb 11:00am Humanity Road issued Situation Report 4 below containing the following special sections:
- Situation Reports - links to most recent major situation reports from Officials
- Social Media Overview - how social media is playing a role to speed delivery of aid
- Urgent Needs - early indications from social media of specific urgent needs
- Public Health / Medical - General
- Highlights by Region - special in depth section of status and needs by region including o Eastern Region o Northern Region o Central Region o Western Region
- Communications And Power