Update from Ministry of Health
Nadi Hospital has confirmed that water supply has been fully restored as at 1600hrs today (30/1/12).
Nailaga and Koronubu Health Centres will open as scheduled from tomorrow, water tank has been placed at the Centre to cater for the public.
A water tank was also allocated to Ba Health Centre today.
Update from Ministry of Works and Transport
All depots are on standby to undertake urgent repair works in order to restore services to all road users.
Both Kings and Queens Rd is accessible to all traffic except for certain sections which is accessible to single lane only. All roads in the Central Division are opened except for jetties in Moala and Cicia for the outer islands, whereas for the Western Division roads from Nadroga to Lautoka are also opened. Most of Tavua Roads are open except for Koula Road.
In Ba, roads are still closed or half – open with repair works currently underway.
For the damages at Moala, Cicia and Vanuabalavu, MV Vatulawa is scheduled to depart on Tuesday 31/01/12 with plants and operators to assess and carry out repair works.
Kadavu Depot – arrangement with Road Supervisor and the assistance of the RFMF Engineers with their plants to carry out maintenance and repair works at damaged roads.
Affected areas in Nadi District that needs immediate attention:
- Damage to Samsola Irish Crossing needs to be repaired urgently otherwise it will affect school children and the movement of people in the area.
- Namulomulo village bridge both ends washed away and are closed to all traffic.
- Nawaicoba Public School Irish crossings approach damage.
- Nasovu crossings via Nausori highland is always a problem during periods of heavy rainfall
- Bagadra Irish crossing in Sabeto damage
- Solovi Bridge to be repaired
For the Central Division, half road open at Qiolevu road due to a landslide. Clearing works to re-commence early morning due to visibility and safety concern of possible slippages during works.
For the Eastern Division, the Tarukua and Moala Jetties are closed as the causeway portion were partly washed out.