- 4.6 million people in need and 954,000 children under-5 that are or could be acutely malnourished in the next year.
- The current number of IDPs in Somalia has increased to 2.6 million from 2.1 million in May.
- 7.9 million people in need of humanitarian assistance.
- The current number of IDPs in Ethiopia has increased to 2.6 million from 1.6 million at the beginning of the year, while there are nearly 906,000 refugees in Ethiopia.
- 700,000 people, including 329,000 children are food insecure as of August 2018.
- Flood waters have receded in most of the areas, apart from Tana River county where 400 households remain displaced.
- According to the latest Ministry of Health Disease Outbreak situation report, Cholera outbreaks are not controlled in the country.