Period covered by this Final Report: 12 June 2008 to 6 June 2009;
Appeal target (current): CHF 8,157,607 (USD 7,920,006 or EUR 5,035,560);
Final Appeal coverage: 87% - 26% multilaterally and 61% bilaterally;
- This Emergency Appeal was initially launched on a preliminary basis on 14 May 2008 for CHF 1,847,444 (USD 1,776,388 or EUR 1,143,928) for 4 months to assist 40,000 beneficiaries.
- A Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) allocation of CHF 300,000 was initially allotted from the Federation's DREF to support the National Society response to the situation.
- The revised appeal seeking CHF 8,157,607 was launched on 19 August 2008 to assist 76,075 beneficiaries for 6 months.
- Operations Update No.1 focussing on the start-up of relief activities and first round of food distributions was issued on 7 July 2008.
- Operations Update No. 2 focussing on agriculture early recovery activities and second round of food distributions was issued on 1 September 2008.
- Operations Update No. 3 focussing on the third round of food distributions and expansion of activities to Damot Galle woreda was issued on 5 November 2008.
- Operations Update No. 4 which extended the timeframe of the appeal by three months, to 14 February 2009, and focussed on the fourth round of food distributions was issued on 5 December 2008.
- A regional emergency appeal for food security in the Horn of Africa (MDR64003 - Horn of Africa: Exceptional Food Security Crisis), including related activities for Ethiopia was launched on 11 December 2008.
- Operations Update No. 5 focussing on the fifth round of food distributions, and extending the appeal timeframe by a further three months to 14 May 2009 was issued on 27 January 2009.
- Operations Update No. 6 which looked at recovery activities and extended the appeal timeframe until 31 May 2009 was issued on 13 May 2009.