• All existing camps are at or nearing full capacity.
• The capacity of Leitchor camp (already full) was increased from 30,000 to 45,000 people in mid-April.
• A new camp (Kule 2) is under development. Upon completion, the camp will accommodate 30,000 refugees.
• UNHCR airlifted 4,000 tents on 24 April. Meeting the shelter needs of the refugees remains a challenge.
• The poor nutritional status of the new arrivals is a concern. More than 7,00 people in Kule camp and more than 21,000 people in Leitchor camp are enrolled in nutrition programs.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.