Ethiopia

Ethiopia, Africa | Hunger crisis - Operation Update no. 2, Emergency appeal No. MDRET027

Attachments

Glide №: DR-2022-000168-ETH

From the funding requirement of this Emergency Appeal (EA), the current funding situation status stands at IFRC Secretariat cover Federation-Wide 375 (18%), and Federation Wide coverage of CHF 3,433,241 (27%). Thus, there is an urgent need for more funding to cover the remaining gap of CHF 9,066,759 (73%).

A. SITUATION ANALYSIS

Description of the crisis

The situation overviews the drought in crisis Ethiopia has not changed from the published operation update one.

Summary of response

There is no change in the response of the Red Cross different from the published operation strategy one

Needs analysis

There is no change in the response of the Red Cross different from the published operation strategy one

Operational risk assessment

There is no change in the risk assessment from the published operation strategy one

B. THE OPERATIONAL STRATEGY

Update on the strategy

The overall objective is to expand immediate humanitarian assistance to 500,000 of the most affected people in this crisis, specifically targeting 200,000 in Southern Ethiopia for 24 months with early recovery and climate adaptation support. A multi-sectoral approach combining immediate humanitarian, recovery, and resiliencebuilding initiatives will assist communities to adapt to evolving climate and environmental conditions, in line with IFRC’s Pan-Africa Zero Hunger Initiative.

The operational intervention sector strategy and target remained the same during the reporting period.