Early Warning Bulletin March 1-15, 2013
EWR Directorate, DRMFSS, MoA www.dppc.gov.et
CLIMATE OUTLOOK FOR BELG 2013
• Near normal onset and cessation are expected over many portions of the country.
• Normal to below normal rains are expected over much of the northeastern portions of the country
• Moreover, below normal rainfall is expected to be more pronounced over the southeastern region, where Belg is the major rainy season.
• Near normal Belg rain is most likely to prevail across central, eastern and southern regions • Close to normal, tending towards above normal rainfall is anticipated over northwestern and western parts of the nation.
• The seasonal rainfall activity is anticipated to be getting better during May.
• The maximum temperature is expected to be close to normal over much of the nation despite the fact that, it is likely to be slightly above normal across lowlands of the country.
• In general, the seasonal rain will be close to normal over the western half; while below normal rainfall will dominate over the major portions of Belg rain benefiting regions. Moreover, the anticipated Belg rains will be better than last year’s Belg season.