More than 1,300,000 USD injected into the local economy through the monetization of assistance in January 2015
• UNHCR, Caritas and Resala work together to assist vulnerable Syrian refugees meet their basic needs by providing them with cash grants on a monthly basis. In January, 24,670 vulnerable Syrian refugees were assisted in Egypt representing 18 % of the registered population. The value of cash assistance varies between EGP 400 (US$ 57) and EGP 1,300 (US$ 185) based on the level of vulnerability and household size. The monthly cash assistance programme injected US$ 707,061 into the local economy in February.
• 18 Syrian individuals received emergency cash assistance.
• A total of 3,242 Syrians were assessed for vulnerability by Resala Charity in Damietta and Caritas in Alexandria since the beginning of 2015, of whom 1,893 were assessed during February. Tablet entries have been introduced replacing paper based version of questionnaire utilized previously by Resala.
• Fard Foundation distributed 1,400 blankets as part of their winterization support to persons of concern. Fard also organized a clothes exhibition of new and second-hand) for refugees at a very low cost of 5 and 10 EGP.
• In terms of vocational training, Fard Foundation provided crochet classes for 30 Syrian women and facilitated 3 exhibitions for the women to sell their products.
• The Livelihood / Community Service Unit held livelihood implementation workshop