• Around 129,000 people are still displaced in and around Goma, almost half are in Mugunga I.
• Some 110,000 persons have received essential non-food items and 81,000 have received three-day food rations. Blanket distribution of weekly food rations are being prepared for a second round of distributions.
• 22 cases of rape reported in Minova, UNICEF is delivering 200 doses of post-exposure treatment to the hospital. UNICEF and partners’ response to the sexual and gender-based violence includes medical, psychosocial, legal and socio-economic support.
• Humanitarian organizations face logistical challenges due to the closure of Goma airport and the lack of traffic on the lake between Bukavu and Goma. Access to areas in North Kivu outside Goma and immediate surroundings is also a challenge.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.