Katanga preventive displacement Situation Report No. 1 - 25 September 2012
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• 20,000 people on the move in Pweto Territory, Katanga Province, as national army prepares offensive on local Mai Mai militia
• Government authorities to establish four IDP camps in Dubie
• CRS, OCHA and UNICEF to conduct assessment mission in Dubie on 26 September
• OCHA is liaising with local authorities and humanitarian partners to identify needs and priorities for a humanitarian response.
• Provision of assistance is challenging due to insufficient partners.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.