a. Political, Social and Security
- The security situation in Acholi and Lango sub- region remains stable. There is ongoing population movements from IDP camps to villages of origin
- In Karamoja sub- region, the security situation is volatile with inter- clan cattle rustling reported. Disarmament of armed Karamojongs by government forces is ongoing. There are also reports of clashes between government and armed Karamojong militias.
b. Main Events of Interest/Concern for Health
- Influx of refugees from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to Uganda
- Ongoing response to epidemic outbreaks of Hepatitis E in Kitgum
- Epidemic outbreak of cholera at Butabika National Mental Referral Hospital